[IP] Re: Been asked to speak at conference

Congatulations Gina!  What an honour!
    Now I was always nervous about speaking at University, when I knew all
those guys were out there to intellectually tear me to bits.  But in a
friendly audience its much easier.
    Nellie McClung was a suffragette in Canada, very instrumental in getting
Canadian women the vote back in 1917.  She was a very successful writer as
well as a renowned public speaker.  I remember reading her secret  "Have
something that you really believe in and just go out and say it".  I think it
will be easy for you, as you will be speaking from your heart.  Tell a joke
to start and practice first in front of a friend or two.
    Let us know how it goes afterwards!

Barbara, Mum of Claire 6