Re: [IP] RE: careful Klingerman Virus - HOAX

At 12:15 PM 4/6/2001 email @ redacted wrote:
 >well excuse me. I was trying to help I do not think it was a bad idea to let
 >people know this.  I mean if it had been true, then I would have been
doing a
 >good thing.  Maybe I am too trusting and believe things when people tell me
 >to be careful
 >I guess from now on I wont let you know if there are serious things going on

A few basic issues:

1. I don't think anyone was criticizing you personally.  A lot of people
don't realize that these are hoaxes. So please don't feel badly. I've been
fooled myself.

2. There are many web sites that are good to look at, before sending these
types of messages on to other people. I would  be very suspicious of
anything that says "pass this on to as many people as you can."  Sites like
http://www.stiller.com/hoaxes.htm, http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/ and others
can be very helpful.

3. Messages of this type are often off-topic for this group and unless they
directly relate to diabetes, pumping, etc. should not be posted here.

Sam Skopp