Re: [IP] Precise Carb Counting Question

> but I'm wondering how important it is to
> be *extremely precise* when first starting on a pump, and how many
> of you continue to use *very precise* carb counting now?

Accurately matching carb intake to insulin intake is the key to tight
control. Whether you do this with MDI or an insulin pump is not the
issue, rather it is how accurately you are able to control bg's. The
more precise you are with the carb/insulin match, the better you will
be able to control bg fluctuations. It's not a perfect system, but
the best available right now. To that end, knowing the carb content
you are ingesting is important. The better job you do figuring out
what you eat, by weight, volume, reading labels, whatever.... the
better off you will be. One need not be obsessive about it, carb
counting is fairly easy once you've memorized the most common foods.
I'd say it take 3 to 6 months to become reasonably proficient -- to
the point where measuring foods is not necessary when it is not
convenient (restruants, friends house, etc...) and is just done at