[IP] HbAic Results

Today I got my most recent HbA1c result, 6.3. Previous was 6.7. These are
the only two measurements taken since I started pumping in Sep 2000. Prior
to pumping, HbA1c ran 7+, except for one 6.6. Had one as high as 12. The 6.6
result was obtained just prior to starting on the pump. The Dr ask me if I
was having hypoglycemic episodes. Well, yes - two to three a day. Getting
the 6.6 was just about to kill me. I doubt I would have ever been able to
get it any lower while on injections. Getting the 6.3 result with a pump, on
the other hand, was a real joy.  For over 39 years, I didn't know what it
felt like to have extended periods of normal bgs. It gives new meaning to
being alive.  I really love my pump because I'm off the rollercoaster.

dx 5/1961
pumping 9/00