[IP] Insurance Denial

My six year old son Eric was just denied coverage for an insulin pump by
Blue Cross of North Dakota. The denial came after they conveniently lost
the request and had to have everything resubmitted.   The request was
denied because their criteria say you have to be at least 12 years old
and he is too well controlled.  I can only laugh at their reasons.  He
is well controlled because we give him 3-6 injections a day.
I have been told that 2 children under the age of 12 have had pumps
covered by this insurance company.  Does anyone know these kids?  Any
other suggestions?  Thank you,   Lisa, mother of Eric 6, diagnosed Sept.