Re: [IP] Change to DST makes pumping useless! I hate DST! It will kill!

On 5 Apr 2001, at 23:31, Darrin Parker wrote:

> Since the time change Sat night I have been on more of a
> rollercoaster than I have been in years!  It's like pre-pump.  I
> seldom have ever had a high over 180 or low below 70 since the
> pump.  Now since Sat I'm all over the place.  30-500 and back in
> hours!  I hate this!  I hate DST!

Will your employer allow you to go to work at, say 7 am for half the
year and 8 am the other half of the year?  If so, then you wouldn't
need to change anything except the clock (and them move your
basals to keep the original time zone).  You could stay on your
own time year round.

That's pretty much what I've done.  I'm self-employed and having
screwy sleep schedules to begin with.  So my body is still on non-
DST-even though our clocks say something else.

When I start rollercoastering, what I've found helpful (so far,
anyway, it's not like I have all that much experience yet!) is to go
*extremely* low-carb for a week or two--however long it takes, with
rock-bottom basals and the minimum of exercise.