Re: [IP] Laser shot

   Are you saying you had laser surgery without them injecting saline into
your eye? If so, man you must be tough!!! My surgeon explained to me that the
reason for the saline is to absorb the heat from the laser. If they didn't
inject it, the potential for damage to other parts of your eye is great. I
was also put to sleep for my vitrectomies and lensectomy and next week when I
have my cataract surgery, I'll be asleep there as well. Dr. King, my eye
surgeon, also explained to me why you are not supposed to be put to sleep
during laser surgery but of course I can't remember the explanation he gave
me. I do remember he said something about needing the eye to be looking
forward and not rolling to the back of your head. (LOL...my hubby sleeps with
his eyes partially open and it looks like he's staring right at you. It's
rather creepy sometimes!!!)
       Anyhow, my sincere apologies for saying that EVERYONE has to have the
shot. It's just what I was told but I now know that anyone can be wrong at
times. sawwy :o)~

All my best,
Elizabeth   >^..^<
dx 10-01-81 (Florida) type 1