[IP] Re: Medic Alert stuff

> Medic Alert bracelets. Kevin was dx 12/98 and we are on our 3rd bracelet. We
> just bought #3. He misplaced #1 from taking it off for sports, and #2 fell
> off. Not sure how. The cheaper ones have a strange clamp that looked
> impossible to undo by yourself...so he never took it off. >>>

I'm not picking on Kevin, it's just that this thread has been running and no
one has mentioned that Medic Alert is a registered/patented trade name. There
are medical alert items (cheap ones), but the ones from Medic Alert are out of
Trulock, California. The story goes something like the developer had a dtr.
who was allergic to penicillin and she fell off a horse. He was afraid she'd
get an injection of P and it would do her in so developed this company with
the *jewelry* for phone numbers and ID numbers for members. The records are
kept on file and updated yearly.

MY beef with them: When my meds changed and I sent in the $$ - I had x'd out
the discontinued ones and added new ones, they kept the old ones and added.
Some were even duplicated. That ain't good.

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHbashpics