Re: [IP] Medic Alert (it worked for me)

In a message dated 4/5/01 10:27:02 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

> My wife made wallet cards on our computer with all
> information on my meds, type of insulin, basals, insulin sensitivity,
> Dr.#s,

   Thanks for a great group suggestion. My parents are both 80 & my dad
especially is on LOTS of meds. They too laminated a listing of all their
current meds & keep  extra copies by the front door. When my mother had to
call 911 one night for my father, the last thing she'd have been clear-headed
enough to think of were all of his medications, but having those cards by the
door enabled her to simply hand it to the EMTs.
   And when I worked in a physician's office for 4 years, I LOVED the
patients who came in with a pre-printed listing of their meds, that I could
just attach to their info form. There are certain medications that can have
dire consequences if procedures are performed in an office setting & the
physician had not been apprised.
Regards, Renee (melissa's pump mom)