Re: [IP] Gold ID Bracelets????

   The medic alert "thread" reminds me of my kids' book bags when they were
younger. I refused to spend what sounded like the exorbitant sum of $40-50
for an LL Bean bookbag when there were perfectly good book bags for $10.
Problem was those "prefectly good" book bags were usually destroyed by
Christmas break & so was their replacement by Spring break. Eventually I had
a "DUH" moment & realized I was actually throwing away more money by avoiding
the initial outlay for a quality item.  My college sophomore is STILL using
her LL Bean bookbag from 9th grade & the company has replaced zippers, etc on
2 separate occasions.
     The sterling silver and/or gold medic alerts may seem exorbitant
initially, but their potential life-saving value more than compensates in the
long run.
Regards, Renee (pump-mom to Melissa whose original stainless steel medic-
alert is now a sterling silver one)