Re: [IP] Re: Frustrated

   Melissa hadn't even been on the pump 2 months when she ran into her first
serious site infection. Since I was then working for a dermatologist, I ran
Melissa over to her home where she & her nephrologist husband not only took
care of that problem (prescribing Keflex) but also seriously questioned
whether or not a 13 yr old should even be on a pump. Her hubby was
particularly dismayed because he had never seen a site infection like that in
all of his dialysis patients etc etc.
   Fortunately, I listened to my "gut" & persevered, despite 2 more less
serious infections within that first year. Melissa also had LOTS of no
delivery alarms......but when she switched to Silhouettes instead of Sofsets
at the end of that first year, both the infections and the alarms ceased. It
was NOT easy, and that was with seeing her excellent CDE monthly for "pump
tutoring" sessions......
   So thanks for an important reminder post to frustrated "newbies" that not
all of us who seem to "have it made" pump-wise were at that point instantly!
Regards, Renee (melissa's pump mom )