Re: [IP] Boluses that hurt?

Kim, mom to Max,

  This is common.  My son does complain about his site insertions AND he
complains of the insulin hurting right after a new insertion.  But he will
also be the first one to tell you that this 'hurting' does go away after a
few boluses.  I'n guessing here of course, but it could be because, after
all, they have just been 'stabbed' with a needle so that area is a bit
'tender' so even having water pushed in at it may cause some irritation.  If
a large bolus is required shortly after a site change, be sure to break it
down into small amounts so that the intensity of it is lessened.  This always
works well with Josh.  By the way Josh is now 9 and started pumping at 8.

And the only thing that Josh says about the IV prep is that it STINKS!!

mom to Joshua
Poulsbo, WA