[IP] Re: VENT: Inferior products: Medic Alert & Sport belts

Darrin and Ann, I am on my second Medic Alert(R) only because the red
enamel showing the caduceus and the words Medic Alert(R) was just about
chipped off. Are you using the one from the people in Turlock, California?
I never had a problem with being active and wearing it. Some activities I
put it through include scuba diving, white water rafting, snow skiing,
racquet ball...... In my experience I cannot say that this bracelet is not
for the active person. Like other products I am sure that a few "lemons"
probably come out. Coming in late on this thread I don't know how many ID's
you have purchased and what parts were defective but if you order from them
I think you might be satisfied. There is a yearly membership fee because
they keep a lot of your medical records. Your bracelet or pendant has a
telephone number and your ID number with which the paramedics and or
emergency room staff can know about your condition(s), prescription drugs,
advance directives. Anything medically necessary should you not be able to
communicate. I use their product and have been very well satisfied.