[IP] Entitlement

I am not 'bitter' about having diabetes.  As a matter of fact I feel it has
made me a stronger person and my skin is thickened against many things that
life presents me.  I know that I can accomplish anything that I set my mind
to and can do it on my own.

Unlike many on the list, I do not 'brag' about my A1C, but now I shall...its
presently at 5.1 and I do not test my sugar obsessive like many say they do.
See...perhaps something that I can say would benefit someone.  My mother
raised me quite well.  Her two children graduated from the TOP programs for
what they have studied.  Not that all of that is any of the list's business.

Funny, once again, how if you say something 'against' the parents on the
list, you are attacked.  MANY times incorrect medical information is provided
by the 'lay' people on the list, and I ignore it.  I feel you are potentially
sending your children the wrong message and I am entitled to that opinion.
Other's have agreed, yet they are not attacked.  The parent's are not in the
kids' shoes...I have been in those kids shoes (without the special
accommodations,) and know how my Mother's approach benefited my life much
more than teaching me that I am different and therefore better than other
kids are.

Some of you are in for a real shock when your toddlers hit the teenage years
and continue to feel that they are extra special and better than their

This will be my last opinion on the thread...it's not worth my valuable time.

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Registered and Licensed Dietitian
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18+ years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
(First with Disetronic, now with MM 508 and much happier!)
And remember...Diabetics are naturally sweet!
e-mail:    email @ redacted
'Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting for them to happen.' - - -
Mary Tyler Moore