[IP] Re: Educating another nurse

Jan writes:
> I sure would like to do a *seminar* to
> all the hospital's nurses to let them know what is going on with DM today
> and
> the gold standard of care. (~_^)

Your seminar IS much needed!  We all need to educate whenever the opportunity
presents itself.

Medical care and technology has exploded - in multiple fields.  As a nurse, a
nurse educator, and now a person with diabetes using the pump, I am so aware
of this fact.  Because the person you're working with (or is working with
you) is not abreast of pumping and the vast knowledge and skill required by
pumping, do not assume they're dumb, backward or uncaring.

We'd all like that magic mentor in the closet to tell us what to do in those
myriad of moments where problems and challenges arise.  We are, however, the
"experts."  We live with this disease and this treatment tool 24/7/365.  Who
else can teach our "caregivers?"  Jill T