[IP] Re: Female pumper in St. Louis

>>>I fear that for some reason I would need to change the set and would like
to have a backup in case I would need it.  The last time I tried to get my
hubby to do it he couldn't even fill the syringe without huge air bubbles.  I
do not think some people are made to do some things!
If I would get into the pickle I was in last night I would be in trouble.
My DAH was that I changed the infusion set (not all the tubing) to my
Silhouette about 4 PM  CeeDee >>>

In '97 when I was legally blind (20/400 w/correction) for 8 months and had a
vitrectomy, I was *stuck* with the problems you are preparing for. My hugsband
is a trucker and I'm alone most of the time. I couldn't see to refill a
reservoir. Thankfully the pump has large enough numbers to read even with a
magnifying glass if need be (for some). For me to live during the week since I
couldn't detect bubbles, etc., he'd fill 2 reservoirs and push the bubbles out
before he left (he's home weekends and sometimes during the week). I also had
3 butter-dish type containers with 5 syringes that he *filled* with a
breakfast bolus, 5 with a lunch bolus, and 5 with a dinner bolus in case I
couldn't change a site or something was wrong. We labeled these containers
with large very black letters and had them in order for time of day so I
wouldn't get them mixed up. This covered me well and got me through each week
without fear. Well, as far as THAT part was concerned. Banking, shopping, med
app'ts, etc. were something else!!!

So, CeeDee,
If you can't find a female pumper in your area to help, necessity is the
mother of invention. Ask for *her* help. (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHbashpics
It' what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts.