Re: [IP] IV's and Dextrose

On 4 Apr 2001, at 9:58, jgranowski wrote:

> units) and at breakfast it was still 250.  Looking
> at the IV I now see dextrose written on it.  I was
> not happy.

I was in the hospital recently too.  The IVs didn't have dextrose at
first.  Then all of sudden they did.  The nurse said that some
substances had to be combined with dextrose.  I called my endo,
who told me how to adjust my basals for it.

I, too, asked if carb counts for the meals could be given to me.
The nurse said "not unless you want to cause a riot in the kitchen!"

So I'm guessing that it is the norm for hospitals.