[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #14

In a message dated 4/4/2001 1:37:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

Dear Roxanne,

  Do you know the difference from insulin shock and diabetic shock..  There
is a big difference!!!  37 years on insulin. 3  months on the pump.  And when
I am having insulin reaction i can feel it start.  but with diabetic shock, i
drop like a fly and require a glucagon shot.  Not a pretty site for my
family.  My mother raised two diabetic's on insulin.  I can remember when
there where no ways of testing at home ,nor throw away needles.  My mother
always taught us to take responsibility for our diabeties, but there are
times that we need help with it.
  Not to offend you, however, but each diabetic is different and some do have
special needs.  Myself after living with it for 37 years,  I require the help
of my husband and daughter.  I am not sure if Disney does have a special pass
for diabetic's, at least the last time i was there, I don't believe that they
did...  However it sure would be nice. and that is not to get out of the long