Re: [IP] Re: [IPk] photographs (day one thoughts)

In a message dated 4/3/2001 4:53:23 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I don't think that the space that these pictures take up is a major
issue at this point, or Michael wouldn't be asking for more of them. >>

I've noticed that the member profile page takes forever to load. Some sites
have handled this by breaking up the list and putting one letter (the first
letter of the last name) each on a separate and much faster loading page. I
have a lot of images on my web site and it loads very fast, but the thumbnail
files are very small and link to a page with a single larger file. Not all of
us have super fast computers and/or dsl. It's great to have such a big server!

Thanks, Melanie