Re: [IP] VENT: Inferior products: Medic Alert & Sport belts

>Darrin - I've had the same Medi-Alert bracelet since 1983.  A little bit
>beat up
>but still doing its job.  I don't remember if it's actually a MediAlert or
>other manufacturer.
>Pumping since 4/99
>Dx 9/82, 4/83, 6/85

you are a rare case.  Just last week i encountered a 19 yr old girl was on
her 8th Medic Alert in as many years.  Like, me they welded the links,
tried the sport braclet etc but to no avail and the firm certainly won't go
beyond Reccommneding taking off it for sport or exercise or camping or
travel etc.  Just got back form teh leatherworkers who again is trying
another design to withstand average forces.

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!

To date:   55% improvement in average bg's & 70% fewer hypos.