[IP] Re:  Entitlement?

In a message dated 4/3/01 6:31:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time, email @ redacted
> And the one that I really do not understand is the people that feel that
> because they have a member of the family that has diabetes that they should
> not have to wait in the lines in amusement parks (esp. Disney World/Disney
> Land as previously discussed here.)  Talk about spoiling a child.

I disagree with you 100%.....If you have personally accompanied a 2 or 3 yo
diabetic child to disney in the hot sun and long long lines where the child
is UNAWARE of what being HIGH or being LOW feels like then you would never
had said something like the above statement....<snip>. or worse
yet, to completely pass out like in the case with my son???

I'm with Roxanne on this one . . . Having never BEEN to Disney I can't
comment on the "waiting in line for over 60 minutes" for a ride that a 3 year
old would ride.

Why not wait a few years until your son is old enough to TELL you that his
sugar is low?

Life isn't fair, that's just the way it is.  What about the "normal" kid that
has to wait AGAIN, because your kid had a special "pass" to cut in front of
him.  That's not fair to him/her either. Everyone pays the same fee at the
gate -- everyone should be treated the same.

I was 10 years old before my parents let me sleep at a friends house around
the corner -- Big deal -- life is not fair, and that's just the way it is.
But when I finally COULD go, it made it just that much more *special.*
My 2 cents -- and that is all it is.
  Sally =o)
IDDM for 36 of my 38 years
Assimilated : 7 December 1999