Re: [IP] Spoiling

Natalie Sera's e-mail has said exactly what I have been ineffective at saying

And for those of you questioning my Mother's child-rearing skills...she
raised 2 VERY sick kids (me with my diabetes and my brother with something
that NONE of you could possible understand that involved those 'cutting off
the arm volunteers' that someone spoke of such as seeing every MD at the
Cleveland Clinic's dermatology dept., to going to both Columbia Presbyterian
and Boston's Eye & Ear Institute just to name of few,) and never once used
either of diseases to gain special privileges or to tell us that we were
'special.'  She taught us responsibility for our diagnosis and when we both
went off to college OUT OF STATE we never questioned who would take care of
use when we were away from her.  Never once during college did I ever worry
'what if Mom's not here.'

Teach your kids that responsibility and perhaps they will teach their peers
by demonstration of the same.

Roxanne Villanueva RD, LD
Cleveland, Ohio
IDDM X 18+ years, Pumping since 1/4/1995.
(First with Disetronic, now with MM 508 and much happier!)
And remember...Diabetics are naturally sweet!
e-mail:    email @ redacted
'Diabetes is a disease of complications waiting for them to happen.' - - -
Mary Tyler Moore