Re: [IP] Re: Entitlement?

Roxanne wrote:
I just don't understand this...why do so many people feel that just because
they or their child has diabetes that are 'entitled' to certain privileges?

I'm REALLY sorry, but I have to say something here... TAKE A CHILL PILL.
(Ummm, this goes for Jim too. ) Sorry I yelled but hey, all Sylvia was asking
was if anyone knew if she could get compensation for Josh's medical needs.
You as an RN should know VERY well how expensive it can get being a diabetic.
I know I'd be in a world of trouble if it weren't for my Mom making good
money and having excellent insurance coverage for me as a child with
       Now, I may NOT even be able to get on a pump because my insurance now
doesn't pay enough and the amount of money I'd have to come up with may be
too much for me to afford. (This is another subject all together, just
thought it was a little relevant.)
        A lot of people have different types of problems that they get a
little help for...i.e. blind people, mentally challenged people, paralyzed
people, etc. Why not for diabetes? I'm not saying we deserve the world, but a
little help now and then would be awesome. I'm sorry that you (as a diabetic)
don't feel the same way and God bless you that you don't need the help, but
some people do. Why is it that you have the right to judge other people?
Didn't your Mom ever tell you, "If you don't have something nice to say...."
Well, we all know the rest. There's no reason to go blasting off at someone
who just asked a simple question, is there?
       Oh, one last little note... Bravo Lori and Randi!!! You go through a
lot to take care of these special little children.(Lord knows I was just an
awful handful for my Mom to take care of at times!!!) Hmmm....maybe the
parents should get something for taking care of the little diabetics???? :o)
All my best to everyone,
those of you who have complications,
and those of you who are blessed enough
not to....