[IP] Re: Entitlement?

> Roxanne,
> I disagree with you 100%.....If you have personally accompanied a 2 or 3 yo
> diabetic child to Disney in the hot sun and long long lines where the child
> is UNAWARE of what being HIGH or being LOW feels like then you would never
> had said something like the above statement....My son passed out right
> there
> at Disney ...He couldn't tell me how he felt at 3.....Knowing how
> unpredictable all the longer acting insulin's are, not to mention all the
> exercise from the walking and running around a child gets at Disney it is
> EXTREMELY HARD to gauge how each person's body will react....So what is
> wrong
> with a pass that lets you skip the lines??  I mean how fun can it be for a
> little kid who once he finally gets to go on the ride cant because he has
> eat or drink because he has been waiting online 60 minutes or more or worse
> yet, to completely pass out like in the case with my son???  Diabetes is
> not
> a one size fits all disease and if you think that by not making my young
> son
> wait in line is spoiling him you are truly mistaken...Ya see, I would
> gladly
> trade in the "special pass" to make him wait in line for hours if he didn't
> have this awful disease...I find nothing wrong with making his life a
> little
> easier to help him enjoy his time at a magical place just like other
> children
> do....

I agree with you 100% Lori!  Roxanne you must not have a toddler with
diabetes.  You don't know what us moms of toddlers go through every day.  Not
knowing when your child is high or low because they can barely talk and they
have no idea what is going on.  When I took my daughter to Disneyland last
year, she was walking around like nothing was wrong at all, being her happy
lil self. I decided to test her while we were waiting in line (no we did not
have a pass, if I knew they were available I would have taken advantage of
it) and she was 24!!  What if I didn't test her? She could have passed out at
any second.

And for you to say: "Talk about spoiling a child"  SO WHAT, is my child gets
special treatment for one day!  I think she deserves it considering what she
goes through in one day. 4-5 shots a day and 8-10 BS tests a day.

Randi, Mom to Bailey 3, dxd 15 mo. old