Re: [IP] type 2 diabetic at dr office

In a message dated 4/3/01 8:12:52 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<<  She said, "oh, I wish I was
 type 1 and didn't have to take so many pills everyday."  I thought it was
 very insensitive.   >>

As a type 2 on an insulin pump -- and who formerly took "so many pills," I
will say that I have been in much better control since I started taking
insulin. Shots. Pump. Whatever. She probably does envy you for getting to
take insulin. I had to demand that my doctor put me on insulin. Many type 2s
do not get the insulin they need -- simply because "you're a type 2 -- you
can make it on pills if you just weren't so non-compliant." Fooey! Many of us
need insulin -- a lot of us who do aren't fortunate enough to be getting it.

Jan and Elvis