Re: [IP] Masistol

HI Connie,

  My son Josh is 9 and we have been using Mastisol for almost a year now!  It
is what has made it possible for Josh to continue using the
pump...seriously!!  Anywa, I use IV prep first then fan the area a little to
allow for some drying (this is also tacky) then I use a Q-Tip to spread the
Mastisol around the area,mostly across top but almost all around but leave
small insertion area free of it for the needle.  Then I fan this a little to
allow it to get a little tacky also.  This has made a BIG difference because
when I started using this I never fanned and it was too wet so the site would
continue to come right off.  Allowing it to get a little sticky really helps
to ensure it's staying power!!.

  Now Josh can spend lots of time in our hot tub and never have to worry
about the site coming off.  And it is really easy to take off the site at
change time too.  Afterwards I just use adhesive remover pad to clean up the
site.  And now I use a topical anibiotic ointment over his whole site area to
help prevent infections afterwards.  This has actually helped with the whole
healing process so that by the next day there is barely even a little spot
left over!!!

  Hope this helps!!

mom to Joshua
Poulsbo, WA