Re: [IP] Trigger thumb WAS: St. Louis/Yesterday's DAH award

Sorry I'm not in ST. Louis, but I did want to share that I had surgery for
trigger thumb on my right hand a few years ago and it was a very easy
surgery. It was in an operating room, but they only used a local - they did
it while I was pregnant actually.
Since I had the surgeyr I have had absolutely NO problems with that
thumb...what a relief it was. I can't even see a scar since they cut where
there is a fold in the skin anyway.

My thumb was locked in a bent position for about 6 months before I finally
had the surgery, and that was after several years of messing around with
anti-inflammatories and cortisone shots to no avail. Wish I had gotten the
surgery much sooner.

Betsy, age 34, Type 1 27 years, Disetronic 6 yrs, on third pregnancy with
pump and due in June.