[IP] Re: why start with saline?

>It seems to me like everyone is starting on their pump
>with saline.. is necessary? (don't mean to sound

Heck, when I started on my pump, I went on insulin right away, and wasn't
even told not to take my shot of NPH that morning. (luckily I thought of
it myself)  Of course I was trained by a chemotherapy nurse who had never
even seen a pump before, and was reading the manual as she was "teaching"
me.  Can you believe I started off my first few days of pump life using a
sof-set WITHOUT a quick-release?

I think that many people start off with insulin instead of saline, it's
just that they use a low basal rate to be safe, and raise the rate as