Re: [IP] waterproof letter to D

--On Monday, April 02, 2001 8:38 PM -0700 email @ redacted wrote:r
> If you are able to be at peace hearing someone say the pump didn't
> improve their life and want to rant at me privately, be my guest...  The
> address is: email @ redacted (whether you believe it or

Sorry. I just assumed that someone who didn't think the pump helped improve
their quality of life wouldn't be interested in signing the letter - and
the line was referring to people who were signing the letter.

I remember the first time i used a pump  back when I was a teenager  - my
HbA1cs didn't improve too dramatically, but I had the thrill of SLEEPING IN
instead of waking up to eat breakfast when my NPH was peaking. To me as a
teenager that was a VAST improvement in the quality of my life!  Are you
not finding any increased flexibility in diet or timing of eating whille on
the pump?

Sorry the pump hasn't made any change in the quality of your life - it's so
much more work I'm surprised you would stay on it - or are you still
hanging in there in hopes it will eventually help?  I'm sure many of us on
the list would like to help if you want to vent about the problems you're
having with the pump.
- betsy
Betsy, age 34, Type 1 27 years, Disetronic 6 yrs, on third pregnancy with
pump and due in June.