[IP] Docs promoting pumps

Michael wrote:
> [...]
horrific stories about the few pump failures. In addition, there is not a ton
of published research that supports pump therapy except recently, and almost
none for kids -- everything is ancedotal -- that is why it's such an uphill

My endo was on the original bandwagon. One of the three requirements at that
time was intelligence (plus motivation and affordability). They were very much
against children pumping and no way was a T-2 to have one since they already
produced some natural insulin and you wouldn't want to pump it in also. I saw
him the other day and he excitedly told me he went to a dr. meeting where they
talked about pumps. He said a Miss America uses one but didn't wear it - she
had a little thingy (I'm paraphrasing) she held. I don't know what he thought
was used to get it into her. lol  I told him she did have a 507C just like
mine but must have upgraded to a 508. He asked her name and wrote it down.

He said you have to be very careful whom you let have a pump because so many
fail. He has about 20-30 patients with them. One doc there has 230 patients
and half of them fail. My thought is, 115 are succeeding, therefore my doc in
effect is cheating about 85 DMers out of a better life.

He was also excited to report that even T-2s are pumping now. I told him it's
a delivery system and if you use insulin that's the way to go. I told him he
would have met Jan and Elvis at the BASH if he could have come (recovering
from surgery). I told him about the 12-hr. old baby that began pumping and he
said it was a joke. I gave him the skinny on that.

He asked why my BGs are high and low. I told him it's because I use the SWAG
system. He heard of it but didn't know it. I said it and he wrote down
*Scientific Wild Ask Guss*. He's Korean and didn't understand. I corrected the
spelling. He said, *OoooOOOoooohhh!* I see him again in 3 months.

 Oh, yeah, I have to pay for the office call. (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue AND http://www.picturetrail.com/dmBASHbashpics