> Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 01:39:50 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> i'm wondering if anyone besides me has ever had diabetic mastopathy (the
> lumps)?  this is the FIFTH biopsy i have to have......... that is five
> already now that have been removed> xoxoxoxo

I've had diabetic mastopathy and had bilateral biopsies in 1976.  Since then
only one more biopsy in my right breast (last January) because the
radiologist could not identify a large mass either by my usual mammogram  or
sonogram.  (I have these two tests done every six months.)     The lump was
excised under local anesthesia and that's it.   I know of one other member
on this list who has had every lump removed and she claims her breasts look
like a road map.  :-)

Re members who choose to use their breasts for infusion sites, a warning was
posted a couple of years ago by a radiologist who was on the list.  He
suggested that it might cause scarring which a radiologist might find
difficult to interpret on a mammogram.  Personally, I have enough problems
without inviting that type of situation, so I do not use that site.

Denise Guerin
Type1 46 years
Minimed 507 2 years