[IP] group letter to D?

After seeing Darrin's letter to D about the waterproof issue, I am
wondering - what do others think about a "group" letter to them on this
issue? Would a letter with several hundred "virtual" signatures be more
effective than a few individual letters? Are there people out there who
would be willing to quickly and easily say "sign from me too", who would
not take the time to write an individual letter?
If there is interest I would be happy to write the first draft of the
letter and post it to have people make suggestions for changes, as well
as collecting the names of those who would like to be included in the
signature list.