[IP] FYI: cc of leter to Diestronic, re: Waterproof Issue

[I encourage all other watersports people to write similar letters]

Disetronic Medical Systems, Inc.
5151 Program Avenue
St. Paul, MN

Dear Sirs:

I am an H-Tronplus user.  This device enabled me to achieve normal range
HEA1C tests for the first in 27 years.  I cannot function nor obtain
meaningful employment without it.  I am an avid supporter of the Insulin
Pumpers Organization and proponent of pump therapy and especially the
superior technical aspects of the Disetronic pumps.

Please be aware that I am an avid watersports enthusiast and usually am
exposed to surface water and am far from any land and people for three to
six hours at a time.  The ability to use the H-Tron in these conditions is
imperative for me.  It is not practical nor safe for me to return to MDI
for this frequent conditions.

Please be aware that a solution to the waterproof issue of the H-Tron is
paramount for me.  I cannot afford a new pump and my H-Trons are out of
warranty.  I am willing to pay up to several hundreds of dollars to ensure
the waterproofness of the H-Tron.

I fully understand your firm's safety warnings about waterproof issues of
the H-Tron.  I have no option but to assume full responsibility for
ignoring these warnings.

I am experienced in the senior management of safety-related companies
dealing with the public and therefore am able to be very sympathetic to
your firm's situation regarding the "waterproof" issue of the H-Trons.

I want to make you aware that for some of us there is no alternative but to
continue to use the H-Tron in water.  If not for a waterproof pump I would
not be on pump therapy.

Thank you for your kind attention to this matter.  I eagerly await a
solution for the "waterproof" issue from your firm.

Yours very sincerely,

Darrin Parker

Darrin Parker - Nova Scotia, Canada!

To date:   55% improvement in average bg's & 70% fewer hypos.