Re: [IP] Kindergarten

Laurie,
	My Daughter, Caitlyn, Just started public school this past year. To
accomodate for the pump and all that goes along with it, the District
nurse felt it would be best for the district to hire an aide.  Caitlyn's
aide goes in at 9 am, does her recess/9:15 test and bolus, her
lunchtime/11:15 test and bolus, her recess/1:15 bolus, and any low or
high treatments that are necessary.  The aide leaves at 2pm for the day.
	It is the best solution.  They keep really good track of whats going
on.  While the aide does not sit with her from start to finish of lunch,
Caitlyn has a cafeteria lady, who has diabetes, that keeps an eye on
her.  So far, things have worked out beautifully and we couldn't be
happier.  See if you sons district will hire an aide to accomodate his
medical needs.

Good Luck!,

Carrie, Mom to Caitlyn, dx'd 20 mo, 6 Y.O. and pumping since 7/00