From: Sandi Pope <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] D vs. MM (long)

I am the type of person that really digs to find out
everything and just thought I'd add what I found out
abt the differences between the two pumps and the way
they do business, both are good products.
3  only capable of .1 unit basals, so if a young child
or active adult only wants say .4 unit basals per hour
then the pump delivers .1 unit every 15 minutes, this
is why MM is having a terrible time with occlusions,
4  if there is a problem with your pump you must
resort to shots for however long it takes the loaner
to arrive
6 half of MM profits come from the supplies, reps push
that business, changing the insulin cartridge
everytime time for example

David  Type 1 1/2   LADA  (who LOVES his MiniMed 507c Insulin Pump!)
(LADA  ==>  http://www.cde.com/diabetes.world/lada.htm )