> ahhh denial etc...but 17 years old and is
> typical but a person can look ahead
> and say...these are some of the complications
> a D can have becuz of poor control previously...
> and what guy really would desire to have
> impotence????that would be a shocker for
> a 17 year old!!! best o luck ..
As someone who was fairly recently a teenager, the
spectre of disability in old age (or young-adulthood for
that matter) is not a deterrent.  Teenagers (boys in
particular) are immortal.

Usually what worked best on me was an occasional insulin
reaction, or missing out on some activity 'cause I was
too tired from getting up all night to urinate.

Hardly an ideal condition, but well... *sigh* we were
all immortal once...

-Sara G.