Re: [IP] Depression and Diabetes

I do understand how you are feeling ... I've had diabetes for 34 years and
depression for 15 (that they were treating me for).  It sounds to me like
you need to visit a doctor that specializes in depression, and try to get
your medication adjusted better -- if the dose you are on leaves you not
able to care about testing and wanting to die, you need to be trying
different medications.  I had to try a couple of different kinds and the
doctor had to tinker with the dosages before we found one that corrected the
problem in my brain chemistry.  The other one sort of worked, which sounds
like what you're experiencing, but it can be much better than you are now.

Yes, you need to take care of yourself diabetes-wise as well -- the hospital
stays and the bouncing blood sugar can't be helping the depression, and
better control may possibly let you feel better -- but the way you are
feeling is, from my experience, more brought on by the depression than the

Diabetes and depression do have one thing in common -- people who haven't
lived with either one really don't know what it's like.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

Kathy Trondsen