Re: [IP] Buffered insulin? was: D vs MM

At 11:01 PM 4/28/00 -0700, you wrote:
At 07:29 PM 4/28/00 email @ redacted wrote:
>    I do not think humalog insulin is buffered, but im not sure ?

A disodium phosphate buffer is added to the insulin solution for use in insulin pumps. It is used to try to prevent the formation of insulin crystals and clogging of the insulin infusion pump catheter. Since both Velosulin and Humalog are both successfully used in pumps, one must assume that both are buffered. As soon as I can locate the precise citation, I will list it here.

Sam, I saw something the other day that said even though many pumpers do use Humalog it has not yet recieved FDA approval for that application.