Re: [IP] Buffered insulin? was: D vs MM

At 07:29 PM 4/28/00 email @ redacted wrote:
 >    I do not think humalog insulin is buffered, but im not sure ?

A disodium phosphate buffer is added to the insulin solution for use in
insulin pumps. It is used to try to prevent the formation of insulin
crystals and clogging of the insulin infusion pump catheter. Since both
Velosulin and Humalog are both successfully used in pumps, one must assume
that both are buffered. As soon as I can locate the precise citation, I
will list it here.