Re: [IP] whether EMTs should suspend a pump

But, as Basic EMT's, in Southern IL, anyway, we are not allowed to give
glucose tablets or gel or anything.  IF the patient has their own, we can
"assist" them to take it.  If they don't have any with them at the time,
then they won't get it until we get them to the hospital, and depending on
where we pick them up at, that may be anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes.

Just another of my $.02 worth.

Deb EMT 7/94
D-T1 12/77, Pumping 3/97