Re: [IP] Medical Id

I look at it this way, having instructions for EMT's to "Turn off" the pump
is A WHOLE LOT BETTER than them taking and pulling it out at the isertion
site - which is what most of them would do if they couldn't figure out how
to shut it off.  I wear a MM pump and use the QR (Quick release) infusion
sets, that disconnect, so I've shown everyone on our local ambulance service
how to disconnect mine.  Most of them said they had been told, if they ever
ran into a diabetic wearing a pump with a low bg, to "Pull it out".

That's my 2 cents worth.

Deb EMT 7/94
D-T1 12/77, Pumping 3/97