[IP] D, M & A, no VS all Great!

Just wanted to add this as no one seems to know about it.  On the
Disetronic, it can be pregrammed by the factory to stop at a certain amount
of bolus.  fot instance, when Jess forst started pumping at age 6, she never
used more than 4 units of insulin at a time.  We had the pump programmed to
turn alarm if someone tried to bolus more than 4 units at a time.  It will
alarm and put itself in stop mode and not deliver any insulin until you stop
the alarm and turn it on again.  It was a nice feature for small children,
but we do not use it anymore.  For very young children the bolus stop could
be set at 2 units or so, and then there wouldn't need to be worry on the
part of the parent for over-bolusing.

But I do agree with all the people who have said "Any pump is better than no
pump at all"  We went back on shots while on vacation (that battery problem
thing) and absolutely HATED it!  Jess would switch to any pump brand, any
color just to continue pumping.  Period.  End of story.  Just Jessica's (an
8 year old) and my .02.

Mom of Jessica, age 8, diagnosed @ 9 months, pumping 1.9 years & GHD &
Jarred, 9, learning how to carb count cause his sister can.