[IP] Low trouble

Since my son has been pumping ( only about 3 weeks now ) he never feels
"dizzy" (his catch-all word) when he has a low blood sugar.  He has dropped
to 50's and tonight 47 and never felt any different.  Has anyone else had
this problem and what do you do about  it?  He is only 6 and I worry that he
will end up getting into real trouble, especially when away from me at
school.  Any help would be greatly appreciated !  Thanks  :)