Re: [IP] Single Diabetic mothers

Don't know if i'm what your looking for but i'm a single living alone
diabetic. I've been alone except for my 2 boys for 2 years now. I too was
scared of living alone and that is only natural, nobody wants to take the
eternal nap. The pump helps with its auto shutoff feature, I've got mine set
for about 7 hours. I also work shift and that doesn't help my diabetes. As
far as getting over the fear all I can tell you is keep in contact with some
friends or family in the area and check your bgs often. I think we have
quite a few single diabetics on the list and i'm sure that they will help
you too. I will tell you this my mom and my doctors don't like the fact that
I live alone, but I've always thought that you shouldn't let your diabetes
control you, you have to control your diabetes.

Dan dx 6/91 pumping 2/00
My oldest son is also ADHD he's 15 now and still drives me crazy....