[IP] RE: steroidal nasal sprays

In a message dated 4/27/2000 12:14:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< I was given this
 as one of my prescriptions yesterday and they told me it was a steroid
  So has anyone on the list used a spray and does THIS kind of steroid
 treatment affect sugars?  >>

Dear Sharon,

I recently began using progesterone creme (prescription dose).  My BG's went
up quite a bit.  I increased my basals, by 0.3 - 0.4  for each basal profile
from day 11 to day 23 of my menstral cycle.  I spoke with the pharmacist and
he said, Progesterone breaks down into 3 primary directions one of those
being a natural steroid, thus the increase in my BG numbers.  So for me,  if
I needed to take a steroid based nasal spray, it would probably show up in my