Re: [IP] The use of friends

> I'm not in the field of education and really do not have much
> experience/knowledge about substitutes, other than what I have directly
> experienced.  But I will say one thing, the sub was very correct in the
> child's best defense was to have other children know what to do
> Maureen

I agree with you. My point was that this sub didn't want to do his job. His
job was to read the sub folder. He could have at least read the info. I had
on diabetes and Eve's 504 Plan, that is why I have a 504 Plan. I didn't
expect him to be an expert on diabetes. But if she or the other child
started acting strange there wouldn't be wasted time getting her or the
other child down to the nurse office.
I talked to a friend of mine last night, that is a sub, and she said the
first thing you do, is read the sub folder.

Some subs think all kids are trying to pull a fast one on them. Trying to
get out of work by acting up. I've been in a classroom where a sub didn't
listen to the kids, and I had to step in.

This sub also want me to do some of his work, like giving kids permission to
go to different parts of the school, dealing with so of the problems that
came up, he didn't wanted to take any responsibility but he still want to
get paid.

Deborah mom to Eve 12.5
Dxed 5/3/96 pumping 5/21/99

Deborah mom to Eve 12.5