[IP] Bolusing/newbie here

Have a question about bolusing.  I do exactly what our Endo tells us, now I
want to see what some of ya'll are doing with bolusing.  Here is my
situation:  My daughter Natalie is two and has been pumping now for 2+months.
 We have to stick to the same schedule as we would if we were giving shots as
per our endo team.  Now what I don't understand is, how can you bolus for a
snack if you have just eaten breakfast and bolused for a correction and for
your carb coverage.  No mattter when or what you eat, do you bolus even if it
is between meals?  I guess I am confused about the math that goes along all
of this.  I was told that if she wants to eat a snack I have to check her
numbers then take away the amount of insulin that is still in her, then give
her that amount.  I thought if you ate one carb you bolused for one carb no
matter what time you ate?  Am I not getting something here?  Of course I am a
newbie at this and sometimes I feel this is overwhelming, can anyone help me
with this misunderstanding?  Thank you in advance.  By the way, thank you to
all who responded about the remote.  Can't use it till she gets older :(

Lord Bless you, Tracy
Wife to Doug
Mom to two girls
Amy 12
Natalie 2- --Pumping as of 2/18/2000
May today be the day they find a cure for Diabetes
Jer. 29: 11