Re: [IP] Disetronic Vs. Minimed

I don't think that long post about the Minimed 508 "software error" in
its early pumps was really very helpful. Nor is your statement "I don't
believe MiniMed is a lesser product....but since I am a NEW pumper, I
feel both Animas and the problematic 508 isn't a reasonable choice for
me" really fair.  The software problem was a minor one, and MM has fixed
it. I have a Minimed 508 (since January), have had absolutely no
problems with it, and had no "pushy" salespeople from either Minimed or
Disetronic when I was deciding between the two. In fact, the Minimed
people were very helpful with insurance (even sending me the pump before
official approval by my HMO!), and have been wonderful re. any questions
I've had.  I'm sure the Disetronic folks are great too.

Let's not start another long "pump flame" war here...seems that 99% of
us are happy with our pumps regardless of the brand.