Re: [IP] Disetronic Vs. Minimed

Here's my $02....Carol, the 508 software recall is old news and
affected a very small percentage of their pumps.  My daughter
received one of the affected pumps, and MM exchanged it
IMMEDIATELY - no questions asked.  Their response to a problem
was exemplary.

That having been said....I have found a number of people who,
IMHO, overanalyze WHICH pump to buy.  The biggest decision has
already been made - that is TO pump.  The MM vs D vs A
argument will always rage here.  My opinion...there are Ford people
and there are Chevy people, there are Toyota people and there are
Nissan people, and there are MM people and there are D people.
All these pumps do an EXCELLENT job of their primary function -
delivering basal and bolus insulin.  The rest is just bells and
whistles...and you can pick which is more important to you.

we liked the MM's remote and vibrate feature (but have so far used
each about once or twice)....

Quite frankly...the reason we went with the MM....the final decision
which tipped the scale....the MM CAME IN TEAL - very important
to a 13 y/o girl.....

Congrats on your decision to pump.  Pick whichever one you want -
 either will do what you need it to do - deliver basal and bolus

Steve Winer