Re: [IP] driving low

Sara wrote:

>>If you drive your car then you sure as hell better test your blood sugar
before you start, and I don't want to hear any lame excuse that you didn't
KNOW you had low bg.  If you have hypo awareness, then you sure as hell
better pull over every 1/2 hour and check..There is NO excuse for not
you are low. stop your car and taking care of yourself....and you BETTER
dex tabs or juice or whatever in your car so you don't have to drive to
McDonald's, or look for an ATM cuz you have no cash...<<

I agree with Sara.  I never go in the car without a can of coke with me, and
a roll of sweet tarts in my purse.  And I frequently check my bgs since I
have hypo unawareness.  I pull into a parking lot or even on the side of the
road and check.  I never take the chance.  Because as Sara said, it may not
be just me who's affected if I drive low, I could kill or injure someone
else.  We all must be responsible when we drive.

Type 1 for nearly 37 years, can't wait to get hooked up to Max!